This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007





dudes, here are a few new doo's. tammy and i went to stay with a buddy in san francisco this weedend and i was able to go to the olifar eliasson show at the moma which was awesome. there was also a little gallery with devendra banhardt and paul klee drawings side by side which had alot of magic to it. the eliasson show was, dare i say, transcendent. you lost yourself in a few of the installations. wow. we also played parchesee which i had forgotten that the board is out of sight and worthy of me painting one. pictures later.
here are a few jammers i did over the weekend. i have been increasingly interested in achieving considerate, peaceful balance in my art making. i have begun to figure that my life is mad enough without bringing chaos into my art making. this should be my peace zone. even though i use many shapes and colors, there is still a sense of balance that is happening and hopefully some peace making.
i think that my whole artistic project is veering away from adding to the objective visual chaos and veering twords something (hopefully) more nourishing to the soul and brain. we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment