This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

my new project



My new project is thusly. A thing that i really enjoy about making art is having it end up in peoples living spaces or work spaces. Being a painter, i feel really isolated some times by the nature of the art that i produce (it gets lonely in the studio). But when someone puts a piece in their space it becomes part of the social fabric or social, brain, visual, conversation lubrication. It's my way of communicating and starting conversations with my pictures.
As a way to do this more effectively and to start a small new social project i propose the following:
for a fee of $80 a year, or $20 for those who want to give it a 3 month trial, i will send, at the beginning of every month, some original art. Every month will be different, but you will be guaranteed to get a piece or two or three of art in the mail.
breakdown:
$80=1 year of monthly art sent to you ($7ish a month).
$20=3 months of monthly art sent to you ($7ish a month).
If this art social experiment can spread out enough I will use this piece as part of a show that i am proposing to the gallery that I show with, Taylor de Cordoba in Culver City (www.taylordecordoba.com) so a part of my show will be the art i send you displayed and all of my subscribers will have their names included in the piece.
Email me (letgoone@email.com) with any questions or to subscribe to the ryan callis monthly mail art club.
The two pieces above are the first pieces you will get, a "treepreacher" l-print, and an "it's o.k." countdown screen print on watercolor paper (the lines around count down 10,9,8....to the center which reminds you it's o.k., kind of a stress reliever).
You can also do it as a Christmas present for someone else. Go to www.ryancallis.etsy.com to purchase membership under the product Ryan Art of the Month Club. Woooord.

No comments:

Post a Comment