This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Teaching some art

Just as a quick bit of info: it still blows my mind that a university pays me to teach students about art and art making. And I say that with no pretention in the least, it just is really weird. Especially since I change the way I think about my own art making, and life in general, all the time. So then to teach in a factual and static way is counter intuitive. Art students should be dropped off in the middle of the wilderness and told if they can negotiate their way and survive that, they will know everything that they need to know about how to have a sustaining art practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment