This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Action

The LA Times book review blog Jacket Copy, reviewed the Cover Version group show that I'm in at Taylor de Cordoba this month. It's a book cover show that is pretty sweet. I did a new Bible cover that was pictured on my blog two posts ago. Good show to check out through July.
Also Tuesday is my last day working for Chip Tom. He is a great boss and good curator but dudes I gots to paint. I am re-reading Agnes Martin's writings and getting in deep with the good Lord and getting stoked on the adventure and getting less stoked on the comforts. So unemployment and more art and surfing and family and God will be the replacement for driving and hanging and wrapping others' art.

No comments:

Post a Comment