This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Dante's Inferno




Today at the museum Sandow Birk mailed me a copy of the film that he made (with others) based on a contemporary take of Dante's Inferno. It was amazing. All puppeted flat drawings and props. It was funny with great voice overs (including the voice of Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force). But it was the visuals that blew me away. Composed in a lot of scenes, like the iconic Birk paintings that I've seen over the years, I was struck again and again by the visual complexity of what was happening. We are in the works to include a screening of this for our film series at the TAM, and it will most likely be the next film screened, so stay tuned for details. Also visit www.dantefilm.com which is the official movie site.

No comments:

Post a Comment