This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Mark Dutcher (and a long hiatious)




Oh my sweet, sweet blog, it has been a long while of painting, kids, and work, work, work.
So I ran across an image (the gold x) on You Have Been Here Sometime (awesome blog) and it inspired me to do a post on Mark Dutcher who is a painter that I get so fired up about. Mark has a piece in this month's show at my gallery and he was included in our Rant show a few months ago. I love looking at what this guy makes. He's been painting for years (I liken him to a Chris Martin type who was always making work that people are just catching up to). Color, shape, generosity, not giving a crap-ness but in an honest non ironic way. Mmm, Mmm. See more of Marks work at http://www.steveturnercontemporary.com/. (the green painting image is courtesy of TRYHARDER who did covered the opening of our most recent show that Mark is a part of.)

1 comment:

  1. i need to go check your show out..

    is it over yet?

    mrechopark@yahoo.com

    i'd love to do a piece on my blog about it.

    ReplyDelete