This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Idahooooo

Here is my rally poster to be distributed around the art dept. with the hope of drumming up a group of students to collaborate on this project with me. I leave today and will be working all week and I'll be posting pictures of the outcome when I get back into town. I am really excited about having my templates be the choir members and having the collaboration be the created gospel songs. That's the music. I spend so much time by myself hoping that this work I make by myself will translate into something that will make the world a slightly better, happier place. This group art making will step up the chances for that desired goal (ideally). We'll see. I'll go in tomorrow, paint the below sketches straight onto the wall (already explained below) and then invite all of these savvy young art students to make some noise. YES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment