This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Monday, March 8, 2010


I was driving on Saturday night and Henry Rollins' show was on and he played a whole live record through the duration of the show by Trouble Funk, who sort of blew my mind. They were the dad's of this sub genre of DC funk called "Go Go" which also gets me fired up. The live record he played was amazing and is re-issued by Rollins' defunct label Infinite Zero, and is expensive, but out there. He said him and Ian Mackaye were driving when they first heard this record on the radio in '80 and literally had to pull over and just listen. Hence the mutant bill in the poster above. They were hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment