This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, August 19, 2010




Here are some new things. I am doing Barrett Johnson's new album cover which I am really excited about. In the mean time the above are two potential posters for the guy. Below is a new painting. I like my new "look up" painting. My whole artistic project is starting to gel for me and it feels really good. I have never overly worried about having a total sense of cohesion of thought when it came to a "project" but for the first time in my life I have become aware of a certain amount of peace, and better concentration, that comes from narrowing my focus without becoming too concerned with tying my self and brain down. I'll elaborate on this more in a bit. In the mean time enjoy. And big ups to my Japanese fan base who has no shortage of commenting energy.

1 comment:

  1. amazing art work!!! let me know of any shows!! :)

    check out our blog:

    http://thelaplaylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete