This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Some new funk….




I got these images from this old Sunday school book that my friend Eric gave me.  I souped up the images with some sweet additions and worked the hell out of the Arches paper with sandpaper, washes, mediums, and then highlighted some geometric moments.  They had a really nice poetry to them these images did.  The bottom one has a Lamb of God, apocalyptic type vibe.  They also address some serious reflection on my isolation in the face of my position in the universe vis a vis God.  He's been talking to me about that a great deal lately…  All in all, yahoo….

No comments:

Post a Comment