This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Ring The Alarm", 24" x 36", oil and acrylic on canvas, 2014

This painting is my third in a series of self portraits based on characters out of P.D. Eastman books.  The characters I chose shared characteristics that I right away vibed with.  This fella was named angry Mr. Parker.  I have sort of an anger problem, my grandpa was an angry man named Parker, and I love that he is angrily, and violently ringing the church bell.  My work is totally about ringing the church bell, but sometimes I have a crappy attitude about opening my self to God...

No comments:

Post a Comment