This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

"Slacking", 9" x 12", oil and acrylic on canvas, 2014

If you grew up in the 80's and 90's you will remember the 90's.  A rehash of 60's distrust and youthful culture mixed with a healthy dose of Seattle-ness and corporate "college rock" made us a nation of "whatever" heads.  Slacking is a look back for me.  Kids these days take their ability to slack for granted.  90's kids refined and defined it…..  Greatness was no longer the goal of young people, ambition, excellence,,,,,whatever.  Remember Reality Bites?  Remember MTV when it was rad.  Remember sitting for hours doing nothing at the mall?  I do.

Oh and Slacking is my inside joke, since "slackin'" would be the slackier way to spell it…..

No comments:

Post a Comment