This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

This is a painting called "Pinky" which I made last year while suffering through a season of living in La Quinta which is out in the desert in that Coachella Valley the kids talk about.  I had a studio space in my over sized garage, hooked onto my over size house, where we would swim and spend the rest of the day hiding from the sun.   "Pinky" came from this intuitive, explorative, call and response mode I got into where each move led to the next, led to the next, led to the next.  "Pinky" just is, and I love it for that. 12" x 12", oil and acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment