This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, July 30, 2015


studio4



12″ x 8″, oil and acrylic on canvas board, 2013
studio6
24″ x 18″, acrylic and oil, on my old tshirt over panel, 2013
studio9
studio8
studio7
studio1
studio3
studio5



Installation shots of a recent show that I did with my dad (his work is not featured in these pictures but it’s good stuff) downtown Los Angeles.
studio2
14″ x 14″, acrylic and oil on canvas, 2013
newbie9
newbie10
newbie7




YES!!!!  I finally finished this 6′ x 4′ monster explosion of oil and acrylic on canvas.  I am stoked on this piece as I feel that it is the sun that all of my recent smaller abstractions orbit around.  They are all based on systems set up on the Biblical account found in Matthew 22:37-40.  Look (it) Up!!!!
feet



 I have had this image for years.  I had found it on google while on a caffeine induced rabbit hole search while on break during my afternoon adjunct teaching stint.  I really liked the feet soaking in water.  So I painted it and added my own Matisse funk to it.
16″ x 24″, oil and acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment