This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New pieces

Here are some pieces that I just finished plus better pictures of the two I posted last week. My process and system of working is really making my head buzz. These are coming out in a way that makes them feel like natural extensions of my self. They are painting themselves and operating in a super meditative way as I have been transcribing themes surrounding the awesome spirit explosions I have been experiences via the Jesus. Also an artist whom I deeply admire turned me on to Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet which has had me on a cloud for the last 2ish weeks (that and an extreme lack of sleep).



No comments:

Post a Comment