This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Help from Pablo and Andy


So I had a dream last night that I was in a remote area as a result of driving really fast to get a way from a psycho killer that I owed money to type of a situation. It was going to be bad. I ended up in a house/cabin with me, my wife, my brother, my daughter, and who else should be there with us? Pablo freakin' Picasso, complete with that diaper type loin cloth he wore in the south of France in his later years. He was camping and we intruded to hide out. So we knew the killer was coming so I began to gather fire wood and weapons since I knew we had to post up over night. Pablo was slow going in his efforts but he did help out and that was cool. He wasn't much of a talker but approved of my actions.
Symbolic?
I ask because I was recently helped by another 20th century monster of rock. I am able to quit my job and paint for the summer because I made a nice commision selling a really, really expensive silver Marilyn print by Andy Warhol at the gallery where I work (as a preparitor which makes my sale even more cosmic). So I feel like the ghosts of paintings past are encouraging me in my quest for knowledge, wisdom, and the making of kick ass paintings. I'm feeling encouraged. Andy gave me some money and Pablo protected me from psycho's whom I might owe money to in my commitment to unemployed painterdom. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment