This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Words of intrigue, maybe wisdom


One person can make work for 25 years, and in the middle, something happens, and there's no relationship between the early and the late work....We always want to think a human being has this connection, but the truth is the human being has no connection....I'd really like to see the end of time or have an experience outside of time....I'm not leading, I'm following. I'm following something that is happening......Richard Tuttle
I like that a lot. Especially in terms of making objects that for some silly reason I feel compelled to make. The God factor is my only sticky spot with ol' Dick. I feel led and connected, but I would be delusional to think I knew much more than that. Except I know I love peanut m&m's and ocean smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment