This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Greenough at Shelter



A little late but last weekend Tammy, Eric, Danny and I biked to Shelter surf shop to watch this awesome, innovative film screened in the parking lot complete with killer food, free beer, live band, and warm weather. George Greenough really did a killer job. I know it's vogue to feign retro surf guy these days, but this film didn't feel nostalgic watching it some 30 plus years later. It felt and looked really good.
Earl and I had surfed head high waves that morning which made it that much sweeter to watch a surf film. Shelter is a beautiful surf shop that is super unique, a bit like Mollusk in spirit, but it's own creature for sure. The film was really run to watch and the soundtrack was killer which is evident by the amount I have been hearing my local surf shop and around lately. Thanks Eric for the heads up. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment