This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008



Poorly photographed new 6' x 4'.
It's called "it's o.k. dude, o.k.?" It's to do with helping a buddy during the time I was starting this. It's also a convincing of myself.
The other photograph is of a Tom Friedman piece. I have a Phaidon comprehensive book on him and he had slipped my mind lately, but it was great to return to his work and words. He's right up my monastic, playful alley. This piece is a bunch of pencils cut and assembled to make one huge pencil whose tip touches and floor and is suspended from monofillament.

No comments:

Post a Comment