This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WOOOOOOW it's been awhile ol' girl




So it's been awhile blogosphere. Sharon's b-day party saw Earl and Jeremy bbq-ing and Jim and Will playing country and bluegrass songs, as you can see, into the night. Songs that literally brought tears to my eyes when combined with the swelling feeling of friends, family, experiences, community, etc. What an evening. Every song I called out they knew. Play Pancho and Lefty, play the Ballad of the Grevious Angel, and so on I went. I finally stumped them on Rex's Blues by Guy Clark because Will knew the music but not all of the lyrics. A YES night.

No comments:

Post a Comment