This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Monday, June 1, 2009

gone vertical...

So I posted this piece a few weeks ago and in a bold move that only a gigantic painting nerd could love I had stated that I was going to buck the usual vert format of an abstract painting for a horizontal format (in yo face). But alas, I recant my nerdy heresy and have flipped my photo back to vert. I think the painting looks better vertical. I can't stand it up in my studio since it's too tall so the piece was painted sideways so I got used to looking at it that way. But the other day I was laying on my side and BAM, it hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment